Perpetrator claims if Trump can do it so can he…

Back to Article
Back to Article

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Jessica Maguire, Staff Reporter

On October 21, a passenger on SouthWest flight 5421 from Houston, Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico was arrested after groping a woman.

Bruce Alexander, a 49 year old Florida resident, was detained after landing in Albuquerque because he touched a woman’s right breast twice while she was sleeping.

The woman, who has not been identified, said she believed that the first touching was an accident so she went back to sleep. However, a few minutes later she felt him touch her again.After the second incident, the woman turned around and confronted Alexander.

She asked a flight attendant if she could have her seat switched. Southwest quickly resolved the issue by moving her to a different seat that was away from the man.

Alexander told an FBI agent that he felt justified in touching the woman because our leader, President Trump, said it was okay to do so. The man who runs the whole country has condoned these actions through his own acts of indecency.

Alexander is referring to an Access Hollywood tape from 2005.

On October 7, 2016, The Washington Post released an article with a video from 2005  of a conversation between Access Hollywood host, Billy Bush, and Trump. The conversation consisted of making inappropriate comments about women.

Trump boasted to Bush about his attempted seduction of a married woman. Some of the remarks made by Trump were that because he was a star he could do anything, anything meaning even grabbing a woman by her private parts.

When the audio was brought to public attention, Trump just claimed it to be locker room talk.

However, some athletes quickly responded to Trump’s terrible excuse of trying to normalize this type of talk.

In one response, Sean Doolittle, a pitcher for the Oakland A’s, tweeted “As an athlete, I’ve been in locker rooms my entire adult life and uh, that’s not locker room talk.”

This is not the first time Trump has been in a controversy regarding disrespecting women.

During his time on the show The Apprentice there have been several occasions where he would talk down to women and judge them based on their body parts, like their breasts.

Also, in the 1990s during an interview with Howard Stern, Trump said that he would have had sexual relations with Princess Diana of Wales after she recently passed.

However, while apologizing, Trump made a comment after the tape was released about former President Clinton. Clinton has been accused of sexual misconduct on several occasions.

What does this make a difference though? If Clinton does it, it makes it okay to do and say such degrading things about women?

Also in the apology Trump even said “And I can tell you this, there is nobody – nobody- that has more respect for women than I do.”  However, if anything it is seen that as a supposed role model, Trump has zero respect for women when he influences people like Mr. Alexander to treat women in such an uncomfortable, horrible and abusive manner.

Jessica Maguire, Staff Reporter

Year: Senior
Ambition: Nurse
Main Interest: I enjoy writing and reading the news.
Favorite Topic: International News