Swifties pay outrageous ticket prices

IMDB

Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour is breaking the music industry. From the thousands of people entering stadiums around the world to the 2.3 magnitude earthquake in Seattle during one of her shows, the world has never seen this before. 

The tour began on March 17, 2023, and is set to end on November 23, 2024. As Swift is one of America’s most-loved celebrities, Swifties are ready to pay whatever it takes to attend the tour. 

Tickets range from a few hundred dollars to thousands. Many Swifties referred to the ticket-buying process as “surviving the great war,” referencing Swift’s song “The Great War,” which was released on her newest album “Midnights.”  

“I paid $420 for my three Eras Tour tickets. We sat in the upper bowl area. The experience was so much fun so it was totally worth the price,” said Kaitlyn Swindon, a NHS student. 

Attaining tickets wasn’t easy. They were sold out in less than twenty-four hours after being released. As seen on TikTok, the popular social app, people interrupted their work day and left school early to get in the Eras Tour ticket queue. 

The set list ranges from her most upbeat songs to her folky-type music. She played forty-four songs, two of them being Surprise Songs which were different each night. Many fans live-stream on social media apps the two surprise songs, if not the entire show. 

Each show is over three hours long, giving Swift the chance to connect with her audience and impress them with several different sets and costumes. 

This is Swift’s first tour in five years. Fans of Swift have been waiting for the moment they get to see her on stage again. The anticipation of the show starting is a feeling that one cannot recreate. 

“It was surprising to see so many different people at the shows. There were moms, daughters, boyfriends, husbands, and even children. I love how Taylor Swift makes music that everyone can enjoy no matter who they are,” said a parent of a NHS student who attended one of the shows. 

It is rumored that with the success of the tour, Swift gave each security guard, truck driver, and almost everyone helping her make this tour possible $100,000 each. 

“I think it is so nice seeing Swift give back to her community. The people working the Eras Tour definitely deserve this. I’m so happy to see Swift connecting with the people who helped make this tour possible,” said Silas Roaix, a high school student as well as a long-time Swiftie. 

As Swift continues her tour internationally, her successes only grow more and more. Her talents and achievements are impressive and well-deserved. From a teenager writing music in her bedroom to an independent woman performing for an audience of 70,000+ people every weekend, Swift’s hard work definitely paid off.