Naugy’s Disney vacation is a memorable experience

Mr. Tenney, Matt Polek, Mr. Varanelli, James DeBisschop, Katie Brodeur, Mrs. Varanelli

For the second year in a row, Naugatuck High School students were given the opportunity to take a trip to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. The trip was organized by U.S. history teacher, Mr. Nick Varanelli. He and his wife have both worked at Disney and know all the ins and outs, so planning the trip was a big plus.

As someone who was fortunate enough to go on this trip, this writer believes it was truly an amazing experience, and wouldn’t hesitate if the opportunity was given again.

For a very low price of just $1200, this trip was well worth it. Not only did the trip include all 4 Disney parks, but also a stay at the Disney All Star Sports Resort.

On the day of going to Epcot, the group had a 3 hour class on world citizenship. This was truly an eye opening experience, as not only did we learn to say hello in 12 different languages, but also got to listen to a Disney worker from Beijing, China.

There she told stories about growing up in Beijing, and her transition here into the states. It was really amazing to hear her tell us about her life in Beijing and how schooling and culture is different there than in the states. She also talked about holidays and celebrations, and how she has carried some of her celebration traditions over into her life here in America.

Not only did the trip provide with the students with insight to different countries and cultures, but students got to miss 3 days of school, which is always a great plus. This trip was fun, exciting, and a great learning experience. If this trip is offered again next year, this writer will surely be on it again.