Ms. Wallace joins the NHS administrative team

Ms. Kristina Wallace has  joined Naugatuck High School as the new Associate Principal for the school year 2018-19 and started her new position on July 1, 2018.

In graduate school she worked at an outplacement school, a school for students who have significant disabilities, in Hartford as a 1 to 1 paraprofessional.

Then Ms. Wallace worked at Windsor High School as an intern in the Counseling Department while she was getting her Masters degree.

After, she went to Watertown High School and she was a school counselor for a couple years before going back t to Windsor as counselor to lead counselor and now she is Associate Principal at Naugatuck High School.

“I wanted to work in a community that had a high level of diversity in different ways,” said Ms. Wallace, Associate Principal of Naugatuck High School.

Ms. Wallace is also passionate about all students and the high standards at NHS. She prioritizes meeting all students where they are performing and encouraging growth from there.

She applied to work in Naugatuck because the district reminded her of everything she loves, where there are people from all different backgrounds coming together to attain a common goal. What intrigued her most was the Vision of the Graduate because at Naugatuck High School it is explicit and very clear to all students as well as the whole district.

After speaking to her dad, he reminded her of a boys soccer game they attended to during her high school years that was at Naugatuck High School against her school for semi- state finals and how there was a young man who did a flip throw-in.

“We then followed up with Naugatuck and noticed the young man was nominated for an SB and even continued to watch them at State finals. Fast forward to now he is now a close colleague here at Naugatuck,” said Ms. Wallace.

Her plans are to first learn the way of school, the students, and how the community and plans on attending games, clubs, and events that go on and from then Ms. Wallace will find out what we will need as a community and how all the pieces will fit together when we all have the same goal because the “school can’t run in isolation”.

Naugatuck High School is definitely ready for another fresh set of eyes to help us excel even more than we already have.