The Raiders move to Vegas

CNN Money

CNN Money

Matt Polek, Staff Writer

From 1960 to 1982 the Raiders were located in Oakland, they then moved to Los Angeles until 1995 and then they moved back to Oakland and have called that home for the past 22 years. However, starting in the 2018 season the Raiders are going to relocate once again; this time to Las Vegas.

How can this move possibly help the team, the sport, or, most importantly, the fans? The NFL is a business, yes, but the decisions they make for money are sometimes incredibly outrageous.

In the past 14 months alone, they’ve relocated 3 teams. The Rams moved from St. Louis to Los Angeles, the Chargers from San Diego also to Los Angeles, and now the Oakland Raiders will be moving to Las Vegas.

The NFL has always been against having a team in Vegas, they’ve always been against gambling and they have tried fixing the gambling problem. Just 2 years ago NFL commissioner Roger goodell said he was against the idea of legalizing sports betting. So let’s put a team in Vegas, GREAT JOB NFL YOU DID IT AGAIN.          

The Raiders have been in Oakland for many years and they’ve gone through some incredibly bad times. They’ve had horrible seasons and as of late, they’ve started turning it around. With a franchise quarterback in Derek Carr and a great defense led by Khalil Mack, the future looks bright for the Raiders. So let’s rip them out of Oakland and move them to a city that’s never had a NFL team-great idea.

Derek Carr was drafted in 2014 and he has been with the Raiders since. He is a loved man throughout the city of Oakland and he always expresses his love for the city that drafted him. When they moved Derek tweeted that he would have loved to play in Oakland his whole career, but he won’t get the chance.

Oakland has the Warriors in the NBA who are a great team, the A’s in the MLB are awful, but football has always been the heart and sole of Oakland and they love their Raiders.

Oakland was there through the struggles and they are excited about the future, the only problem is the future is being taken away from them. It was an awful decision by the NFL, the Raiders belong in Oakland, those fans deserve a winning team and they were going to get one, then it was taken away. Horrible job for by the NFL and anyone in Oakland that wanted to see a Raiders Super Bowl come to the Bay Area, I’m truly sorry.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Raiders move to Vegas”

1. Bill on April 8th, 2017 6:06 pm

At least the owner of the Buffalo Bills had the common sense to vote against the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. Instead of the N.F.L. perhaps it should be known as The League Of Mental Midgets That Doesn’t Care About Their Fans

[Reply]

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

A Bengal tiger mauls zookeeper

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

Ariana Grande concert turns deadly

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

Kingston Frazier is laid to rest

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

Investigation called on the death of two United Nation experts in Congo

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

‘broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so sorry’

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

Tiger Woods is charged with a DUI

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

Six year old shot by teenagers

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

Pippa Middleton marries James Matthews in England

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

Bullying may be to blame for suicide of an eight year old

• The Raiders move to Vegas

News

Kim Davis is back in the news

The Raiders move to Vegas